Why We Need Your Support
The Jefferson Council is mobilizing support to protect Thomas Jefferson’s legacy and fight for intellectual diversity at the University of Virginia.
We are a not-for-profit corporation domiciled in Virginia. The Internal Revenue Service has approved our 501(C)(3) status, therefore your contributions will be tax deductible. We urge you to donate, but if you can’t, that’s OK. Please still register as a member so that we can keep you abreast of what’s happening on the Grounds.
Numbers matter. We need to bolster our membership — both dues paying and non-dues paying — to show the Administration and the Board of Visitors that there are thousands of disgruntled alumni/ae, parents, and friends of the University demanding change. Membership links are below.
Donations are used to support student organizations and to fund preeminent moderate and conservative speakers in support of the four core principles that The Jefferson Council espouses:
- Defending the legacy of Thomas Jefferson;
- Protecting the sanctity of the Lawn;
- Upholding the preeminence of the Honor Code in the student body experience; and
- Ensuring that true intellectual diversity exists on Grounds, not just the monolithic Progressive perspective that currently dominates academic course offerings and discussions in public forums.
Membership and Donation Links:
Option One: Become a member, pay by credit card.
- This link will first prompt you to enter an amount for your online credit card donation: click here.
- Next you will be prompted to enter your personal information, which we need to add you to our membership rolls and for credit card verification.
- You will then enter your preferred credit card information before submitting your secure online payment.
Option Two: Become a member, pay by check.
- First, please access this link to enter your personal information which we must have to add you to our membership roles.
- Mail the check to the address below and make it payable to The Jefferson Council.
The Jefferson Council
c/o Wilgis, Darrell & Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 401
Riderwood, MD, 21139-0401
Option Three: Become a member, but not make a donation.
- First, access this link to enter your personal information which we need to add you to our membership roles:
- We encourage all supporters to join The Jefferson Council whether or not you are in a financial position to offer a donation. As stated above, it is imperative that we show the University Administration and Board of Visitors that we have a significantly large membership demanding change.
NOTE: You will be prompted above to enter a unique password to enter your personal information for Membership. This extra step is required for security purposes to ensure your information is kept confidential. The software company that we utilize specializes in Not-for-Profits and mandates this to minimize chances of any security breaches.